Wetu brings us together, connecting and unifying us through fabric sculptures, dolls, stories, and poetry, symbolizing power and resilience. Experience art rooted in African femininity, healing, and hope.
Monday, May 2, 2011
Mama...
The only thing that I know I cannot achieve in life is one
That is trying to love you like you love me, mama
Trying to know and feel you like you do me, mama
Trying to put you first like you put me, mama
But I try
I know that life began with waking up to loving your face, mama
I know that your name; mama
Is close to God's in my lips and heart
And off all rights, mama
I know that the greatest is to be like you, a mother
It scares me, but I can't wait for my turn
Am always looking for perfect words to say thank you, mama
But whatever I come up with will never be enough
How do I start, mama... how do I stop, mama
How do I ever start... how do I ever stop
Mama
© Namatsi Lukoye
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The girl the world turned from - Owefu Part 3
The Girl the World Turned From Ayuna (not her real name) is a girl with a golden smile. She shakes my hand and sits next to me smiling she d...
-
In celebration of Women, I join 7 women to portray different types of stereotypes and women in a Play called:- Edge of Womanhood which will ...
-
I pity you, Little woman I see you running down the streets I see you know the wonders of make up Are you flaunting or hiding something?...
-
There is something strange about your eyes... They pull me too much: and I really like the stare That dirty little look! like you know wh...

:) loved it still got me emotional..fab*shortspechd
ReplyDelete